within our society.
Ler Means Light
Ler is Luo word for “Light” which is commonly used synonymously with ‘prosperity.’ Ler Foundation was founded on the premise of spreading the light or prosperity within our society . We believe that we can make our society brighter and more prosperous if those of us who are privileged to have our candles alight could do as simply as lighting the candles of those whose candles are either dimmed or off. Thus Ler Foundation is in the business of ‘connecting’ candle lighters to numerous candles awaiting to be lit.
What We Do
We bring light to the lives of bright, needy, and deserving students.
Our education scholarships come complete with a mentorship program to make sure that the beneficiaries are guided to excel in their studies as well as in life in general. In most cases, such beneficiaries are orphans who lack proper guardian structures.
What It Involves
- We sponsor the selected students through secondary education and college
- Currently, the average cost of one child’s upkeep is Kshs. 600,000/= This is for the 4 years in high school and 3 years in college
- This cost caters for their full education plus all the expenses like shopping, pocket money, and transportation
- We target very poor and vulnerable children
FORMATION OF LER FOUNDATION
Ler Foundation is the philanthropic arm of LER Limited, an investment company based in Kenya. The foundation has been in operation since the year 2012.
The foundation registered its deed with the Ministry of Lands as required by law before registration by the Registrar of Societies in 2012.
LER FOUNDATION LEADERSHIP
Ler Foundation is entirely managed by the Trustees on a voluntary basis using the diverse and qualified internal resources among its membership.
Financial management oversight is carried out by the Finance Committee whose membership consists of qualified professionals.
- Ensures proper record keeping of all transactions
- Budget analysis, forecast, planning and advise
- Proper and timely Financial reporting
- Management of Foundation accounts
Chairperson (& Trustee)
Treasurer (& Trustee)
Secretary (& Trustee)
Dr. Mildred A. Mudany
Dr. Preskilla Munda
Your financial assistance can help us light more candles in the community by educating more children as well as lifting families out of poverty .
Get quick updates from
(+254) 721 37 54 64
P.O BOX 9162 00200, NAIROBI
©2022 LER FOUNDATION